The 62 feet long sail yacht Arctica II is well suited for the purpose of wildlife expeditions around Svalbard. The yacht is built out of steel and certified for use in Arctic areas. The owner and skipper, Heinrich Eggenfeller, is one of the most experienced skippers around Svalbard.
|Type||Sail yacht/Motor sail yacht|
|Length Overall||62 feet/19,1 m|
|Engine||Caterpillar 3208/210 HP|
|No. of beds||14|
|Maks speed||9 knots|
|Average speed||8 knots|
- Hydraulic, furling main sail 78 m2
- Hydraulic, furling genoa, type Furlex 102 m2
- Hydraulic, furling hard wind sail for cutter stay, type Furlex 36 m2
- 2 self-tailing hydraulic winches – 2 self tailing winches, type Harken
- Steel hull and keel, double curved
- Fully isolated hull with Polyuretan for arctic and tropical conditions
- 8 + 5 mm insulated, safety glass in deck saloon windows
- Main engine : Caterpillar 3208, 210 hp / 850 hours
- Gear : Twin disc
- Max speed : 10,5 knots
- Cruising speed : 9 knots
- Cruising range approximately 1600 nm
- Generator : Onan 6,5 kW/220V / 230 hours
4 separate circuits for engine starting and service batteries
Charging of batteries :
12 Volt service (New 2009)– 680 Ah – Traction block – gell.
Battery charging : 160Ah/80 Ah – Engine/charger, type Mastervolt
24 Volt service – 280 Ah – Traction block – gell.
Battery charging : 35Ah/25 Ah – Engine/charger, type Mastervolt
12 Volt Generator – 1 x 1050 Optima A.G.M.
Battery charging : 10Ah/3 Ah – Engine/charger
24 Volt Main engine – 2 x 1050 Optima A.G.M.
Battery charging : 35Ah – Engine
Shore power system 16Ah/220 Volt
Propellar O 350, app.30 hp
- Mahoney interior with white Fibo wallpanels – Flame tested
- 5 separate cabins with wash, shower and toilet (all isolated walls)
- 14 beds : 3 double and 8 single, all sea beds
- 2 saloons : Deck saloon in the pilot house, seating 14
- Down stairs saloon, seating 6
- 20` TV with Glomex TV antenna
- Radio/CD player with speakers in pilot house and down stairs saloon (switchable ) /Pioneer DEH 3100R
- Teak cockpit, seating 14
- Engine room with steel walls 2x3x2 m
- Gallery : Good working space. All services 220 V
- Fridge ( 2 ), built inn, 500 L, double Isotherm 800
- Electric stove with oven ( Electrolux 4 tops ) and grill ( Husqvarna )
- Microwave oven ( Husqvarna )
- Arctica II cabins.
Diesel tank ( 1 in the keel ) 1800 L
Fresh water tanks ( 6 ) 2200 L
Holding tank ( 1 ) 800 L
- Integrated electronics in front of steering position in pilot house with slave instruments outside , all Raytheon
- Log/Speed, Raytheon ST 60
- Echo sounder, Raytheon ST 60
- Wind instruments, Ratytheon ST 60
- Radar + Chart plotter, Raytheon Pathfinder R 80
- Fluxgate compass
- Suunto magnetic compass
- Autopilot, hydraulic, Raytheon ST 6000+
- VHF, Shipmate 8300
- SSB, HF Marine transceiver Icon IC-M 710 with HF automatic antenna tuner.
- Davit with dinghy, 1 RIB Arimar with Yamaha 9,9 hp (15 hp ).
- 1 inflatable liferaft 25 persons, certificated and controlled in may 2004
- EPIRB, Jotron
- Alarm, ICAS FG approved house alarm with 7 smoke detectors,
- 2 PIR detectors and 2 water detectors
- Zodiacs: We will bring 2 inflatables (zodiacs) on our tours. With only maximum 5 persons in each it gives a lot of space.
Heater, Webasto 9000 kW type DBW 2010.
The system is based on water circulation throughout the whole wessel. All cabins and saloons have separate air regulation.